Bright Green Pea Soup!
What you need:
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
3 cups low -sodium Vegetable Stock
3 pounds fresh peas, shelled, or 5 cups frozen
½ cup low-fat plain yogurt
Sea salt (if you must) and freshly ground black pepper
Fresh tarragon sprigs for garnish
What to do:
1. In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over low heat.
2. Add the shallots and cook, covered, until they are soft and translucent.
3. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and
simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
4. Add the peas and simmer 10 minutes more for fresh peas and 4 minutes for frozen, or until the peas are just heated through and still vibrant.
5. Puree the mixture in a blender and pour through a wide-mesh strainer into a bowl set in a larger bowl filled with ice and cold water. Stir until cool to the touch.
6. Stir in the yogurt and season with salt and pepper. Divide among chilled soup bowls and garnish with sprigs of tarragon.