What you need :
What to do:
1. Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon rind, 1 tablespoon juice, parsley, 1 teaspoon red pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and garlic in a medium bowl. Add shrimp; toss well. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
2. Clip a candy/fry thermometer onto the side of a Dutch oven. Add canola oil to pan; heat oil to 385°.
3. Dry chickpeas thoroughly in a single layer on paper towels. Place 1 1/2 cups chickpeas in hot oil; fry 4 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Make sure oil temperature remains at 375°. Remove peas from pan using a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Keep warm. Return oil to 385°. Repeat procedure with remaining chickpeas.
4. Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Thread 3 shrimp onto each of 6 (5-inch) skewers.
5. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
6. Place shrimp on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill shrimp 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until done.
7. Combine remaining olive oil, rind, juice, red pepper, and salt in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add chickpeas, arugula, spinach, and remaining ingredients; toss gently to combine. Place 1 1/4 cups chickpea mixture in each of 6 shallow bowls. Top each serving with 3 grilled shrimp.
*Recipe compliments of Bon Appetit magazine